30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Holiday Packs, Printing Plates, & Packages

Merry Christmas!


Back in July, Blowout Cards had their Leaf Holiday Packs on sale, so I picked up twenty of them in hopes of pulling something cool for the collection.

If you've never seen these before, they kind multisport grab bags.  There's everything from baseball to tennis and printing plates to autographs.  I've ripped into these in the past and they're really hit or miss.  But isn't that true whenever we bust packs?


This time around, I was really pleased with what I pulled.  There were the typical prospects that will provide me some entertainment as I track their progress over the course of their careers.  Plus I was pretty excited to pull an autograph from a legendary football coach.


But the highlight was definitely pulling several printing plates of hall of famers, including this beautiful Chipper Jones:


I didn't have time to individually scan the other cards, because I wanted to show off a pair of holiday care packages from fellow bloggers.

The first package arrived two weeks ago from Jim over at Cards As I See Them.  It's the Kurt Suzuki out of the online exclusive 2016 Topps Chrome Sapphire set:


There are only 250 sets produced and they were originally sold for $1,500 each.  And since Kurt was left off of the regular Chrome baseball checklist, this will probably be the only 2016 Kurt Suzuki refractor I add to my binder this year.  Thanks Jim!

The other holiday package I received was shipped by Adam over at Infield Fly Rule.  He sent me a bunch of cards that fit a variety of my collections ranging from Frank Thomas to San Diego Padres:


But my favorite card in the package was this 2016 Topps MLB Wacky Packages card:


I've been a huge fan of this product ever since their release... and one day I'll get around to adding the other 89 cards from the set to my collection.  Thanks Adam!

I hope all of you are enjoying a safe holiday season with your families and loved ones.  Merry Christmas and sayonara!

10 comments:

Hackenbush said...

Merry Christmas Fuji! Nice Shula.

Angus said...

Merry Christmas!

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Sweet plates!

Jon said...

I really dig that Don Shula auto, as well as both the Sportkings printing plates.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Merry Christmas!

Commishbob said...

OMG that Don Shula!!!

And Merry Christmas to you too Fuji. And thanks for another year of entertaining posts.

Corky said...

Merry Christmas
The Don Shula autograph is a wonderful pull and there were some cool plates.

Adam Kaningher said...

Merry Christmas!

Fuji said...

Thanks everyone! I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas as well.

Jon - I love the Sportkings design... so both of those pulls were personal favorites.

Commishbob - Thanks Bob! I hope things are going well and you're enjoying your holiday break.

Corky - I'm not a big fan of sticker autos... but this one will hold me over until I find an on-card autograph of him.

Anonymous said...

It's really interesting in this sport, I love visiting. Thanks!
บาคาร่าออนไลน์
บาคาร่า
gclub จีคลับ