30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Final Frontier


When I was a kid... I was fascinated by our country's space program and their periodic space shuttle launches and even wanted to be an astronaut like every other kid in America.

But eventually I grew up and decided to pick a classroom instead of a space station as my workspace... which leads me to today's post.  Back in November, I was contacted by Marty Kelsey, who cohosts a webcast series called STEM in 30 for the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.

He had read one of my posts where I talked about my students and offered to send me some stuff for my classroom.  First up was this signed post card featuring signatures of Marty and his cohost Beth Wilson.


In addition to this postcard, he also sent me a few others to hand out to students who might be interested in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM). 

Plus he generously threw in a handful of NASA stickers




And last, but not least... he sent some informational cards that feature cool things like the Space Shuttle Endeavor and the Hubble Space Telescope:


Thank you Marty for the very cool and unique care package!  I'll make sure these items get into the hands of interested students.

As for everyone else, I encourage you to head over to the STEM in 30 website or you can check out their webcasts on their YouTube channel.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

5 comments:

Tony Burbs said...

That package is out of this world!!!... Sorry, I had to say it.

Daniel Wilson said...

That's awesome!

JediJeff said...

I used to buy and collect the shuttle mission patches. Those stickers make me jealous.

Play at the Plate said...

Pretty cool.

Fuji said...

Thanks guys! And Tony... you beat me to the punch. I really dropped the ball on that one.