30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Colossal Crate of Collectibles

The monthly subscription box trend is sweeping our nation... and it has obviously found its way into our blogosphere too.

This past week I received another huge box filled with a variety of collectibles from Wes over at Jaybarkerfan's Junk.  This time around he sent everything from sports cards to comic books to more unopened packs.   There are so many goodies... I guess I'll start with the sports cards.

Here's my very first game-used base card of Ichiro... 


My first Ichiro puzzle/credit card oddball...


The 30th Mark McGwire added to my inserts and parallel binder...


My first San Diego Padres silk card...


My first yellow bordered parallel of Kurt Suzuki...


My fourth Steve Largent memorabilia card...


And my fifth Mark Mulder memorabilia card...


Next up are the sports figures...

2007 Gracelyn Re-Plays Ichiro

I've been collecting SLU's and McFarlanes for years, but neither are very poseable like this Gracelyn figure.

1998 Mattel Court Collection Rodman

Thanks to Kenner... the 90's brought millions of 6" sports figures into collector's homes.  Late in the decade, Mattel joined the party.  This will make a nice addition to both my Laker's shelf and my sport figure card collection.

1998 Kenner SLU Favre

This year the Green Bay Packers will be retiring Favre's jersey number and hanging up his banner at Lambeau.  I won't be able to attend, but I will be hanging up this figure in my office.

Wrapping up this colossal crate are a bunch of other cool collectibles:


The Giants pennant will go to one of my students.  The comic books will be added to my classroom library.  The packs of cards will be opened sometime in the near future.  And the KISS car?  Umm... not quite sure what I'll do with that, but stay tuned.

Thanks Wes for the generous package.  I'll have your package of autographs out to you sometime this week.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

6 comments:

acrackedbat said...

what haul you were bestowed with - congrats!

Swing And A Pop-up said...

Very cool!

Matt said...

thats awesome!!

Tony Burbs said...

That Ichiro puzzle card thing is awesomely bizarre!

Corky said...

He sent some really cool cards to you, I really like the 2002 Fleer Box Score Ichiro card.

BobWalkthePlank said...

I'm digging the Largent. As usual great cards from crazyman Wes.