30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, February 20, 2015

And the winner is...

Okay folks... we have a winner for last week's contest.  But before we get to the results... here are the correct responses to the questions:

1.  How many packs did I need to bust last night to build a complete set?
A.  I had to open 61 packs to get a complete set.

2.  How many Gwynn holograms did I pull last night?
A.  Out of the 61 packs, I only pulled 1 Gwynn.

3.  What was the final card number I needed to complete my set?
A.  The card I pulled out of the 61st pack and the final card for my set was #20 (Piazza)

4.  How many cards are in the starter set I'll be giving away in this contest?
A.  There were 33 extra cards, but only 15 different players.

There were a total of four people who each had one correct response, but I added Richard Nebe Jr.'s name to the randomization, because technically his answer to the first question wasn't wrong.  So the final group of contestants were:  hockeykazi, cynicalbuddha, Richard Nebe Jr., Daniel Wilson, and Swing And A Pop-up.

And the winner is...


Congratulations Daniel Wilson!  Mr. Wilson runs the blog:


Okay let's take a look at your prize package:



On the left is a fifteen card starter lot that includes Kirby Puckett, Ken Griffey Jr., and Greg Maddux.  To the right are fifteen unopened packs to help you complete your set.

Daniel... email me your mailing address and I'll ship your package next week.

Thank you to everyone who participated.  I still have more items to give away over the next few months, so please stay tuned.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

3 comments:

cynicalbuddha said...

So close...

Daniel Wilson said...

Awesome! Thanks! I'll send you an email.

barry said...

i missed entering the contest. oh well next time i see you have a contest i will try to enter it.