30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Big Kahuna Has Struck Again!

On March 23rd, 2012... The Big Kahuna hooked me up with one of my favorite pieces in the collection... an autographed Kurt Suzuki baseball.  Exactly two years and three days later, another package arrived from him.  Tim... what's with the last week in March?  Whatever it is... I totally appreciate it.

Let's have a look at the contents...


A pair of inserts and a new memorabilia card of my favorite player... Mr. Tony Gwynn.


A nice handful of Japanese baseball players... including a pair of Yu Darvish cards I didn't have.


And finally... a quartet of Seahawks inserts, parallels, and my very first Richard Sherman rookie card.  You have no idea how excited I am to add this card to the Seahawks PC.

Thanks Tim!  This was one heck of a package.  I wonder what you're gonna send me on March 29th, 2016.  Just kidding!

Stay tuned... I'll be shipping a package of Mets, NY Giants, NY Rangers, and Blue Jays for your collection in the next few days.


Happy Thursday and sayonara!

5 comments:

The Big Kahuna said...

I really did not notice that about the date but I just like sharing and making somebody's day for them incase they're having a bad one or need a little pick me up so to speak. Glad you liked it! I hope I got my Japanese lettering correct on the back of the envelope.

The Big Kahuna said...

and about that ryan/darvish card.....that would be so cool if they did an auto version of that card.

Fuji said...

I'm just one of those guys who are fascinated with dates... especially since I use this blog as sort of a diary. As for needing the "pick me up", I truly appreciate it. Although life is good... it's been very hectic at the same time with so much to do and not enough time to do it.

And your name in Japanese looks awesome! I can say if it's correct or not... but it looks really good. Are you studying Japanese? I noticed a little Japanese word or phrase of the day thingy at the bottom of your blog.

Fuji said...

Yeah that would have been awesome. I appreciate the Darvishes. For some reason or another, I don't have a lot of him compared to Ichiro and Nomo... but I'm slowly chipping away.

Thanks again for the awesome package!

Swing And A Pop-up said...

That Gwynn relic is very cool.