30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Domo Arigato: Wes @ Jaybarkerfan's Junk

I'm on the verge of quitting.  Every time I try to square things up with Sir Jaybarkerfan... he immediately sends another package.   How does he do it?  Where does he find all of these cards?  And when will this madness end?

His latest care package was most impressive.  The first six cards I saw left me sitting in my office... mouth drooling, eyes wide open, and fingers a-twichin'.

To the average collector these six cards might look like your typical 1972 Topps baseball cards.  But to me, they're the final six cards to my 1972 Topps Oakland A's team set.


I started building this team set over three years ago, but immediately hit a brick wall when I realized that the sixth series, high numbers aren't sitting in dime boxes at card shows or in grab bags at flea markets.  But thanks to Wes the quest is over.  However... that leaves me the problem of paying him back.

Wait... it gets worse.  His care package was loaded with...

Oakland A's


Montreal Expos


San Diego Padres


Seattle Seahawks


Japanese Players

And oh yeah... my first San Diego Padres one of one:


Now... do you understand my problem?  Wes... you're insane!  I have no idea how you do it, but I truly appreciate every piece of cardboard you send my way.

And I know it won't be easy... but I will find some Atlanta Braves, Arizona Cardinals, and Crimson Tide alumni for your collection one way or another.

Unfortunately... that will only motivate you to send another package and guess what... we're back to square one.

Thanks Wes!  Give me a few weeks to find some stuff for you.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

No comments: