30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blog Trade #40: CaptKirk42's Trading Card Blog

I've quoted The Fixx before.  And I'll quote them again.  One thing definitely leads to another.

Back in January, Play at the Plate wrote about his newly acquired 2001 Stadium Club Play at the Plate game-used batter's box dirt relic card.

I had never seen these unique relic cards, so I headed over to Beckett to find out more information on this set.  Unfortunately there aren't any Oakland A's or San Diego Padres on the checklist, but Vladimir Guerrero is in the set.  And I knew I'd have to track one down for my Montreal Expos PC and left a comment on his post mentioning it.

Folks:  It pays to comment.  A few days later, Kirk (author of CaptKirk42's Trading Card Blog) emailed me and mentioned he had one for me.  I told him I'd look for some Washington Nationals and Baltimore Orioles for his collection, then we exchanged addresses.

A few weeks passed and I completely forgot about our little trade.  Then earlier in the week, I received Kirk's package and voilà:



2001 Stadium Club Plate at the Plate Dirt Relic #PP3

The latest addition to my Expos PC and my first official batter's box relic.  But Kirk wasn't finished.  He also included a handful of Oakland A's, Montreal Expos, and San Jose Sharks for my collection.  Plus he added two more relic cards.

First up... is this amazing Ichiro memorabilia card:


2012 Topps Archives Relics #I

I have to admit... I think I like this card more than the Guerrero.  It combines two of my favorite things related to baseball cards:  1956 Topps and Ichiro Suzuki.

And finally a memorabilia card of my favorite San Jose Shark and Olympic gold medalist, Patrick Marleau:


Thanks for the trade Kirk!  I shipped out your package this morning.  And Commishbob... your soccer cards were shipped out as well.  I apologize for the delay.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

5 comments:

Yankeejetsfan said...

Very nice package! Kirk is a buddy of mine and is a class act.

night owl said...

How about working this Fixx lyric into a post someday, I''ll be most impressed:

"Red skies at night. Red skies at night. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh."

Fuji said...

No doubt. It was cool of him to go out of his way to help me with my Expos PC... especially since he collects Expos himself.

Fuji said...

Hmmm... definitely a thought. Maybe a post on The Fixx's greatest hits and the cards inspired by them. I might have to start working on that... already have a few songs/cards in mind.

Eric Bracke said...

Love the Vlad.