30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blog Trade #39: The Diamond King

When it comes to trading with fellow bloggers, I must confess... I'm super lazy.

A.  I never update my tradebait, even though I probably have close to 200 autographs and memorabilia cards that are sitting in a box that I need to add to my lists.

B.  I rarely seek out trades.  It's safe to say that 90% of my trades were initiated by the other person.

But hopefully my most recent blogger trade is a sign that things are about to change for me.

Last week, I read The Diamond King's post that he updated his trade bait, so I checked it out.  That's when I saw this Steve Garvey memorabilia card:

2003 Sweet Spot Classics Game Jersey #SG

I left a comment on his post and he responded with an email.  Within a few days we hammered out a trade involving some Mark McGwire inserts I had laying around.  I figured it was a pretty straight up trade, until I opened the package and saw these cards:


Three new memorabilia cards for my Seattle Seahawks PC, including a very cool Triple Threads card.  Looks like I fell a little short on my end of the deal.

Thanks for the trade Kevin.  I'll definitely get a few more McGwires out to you in the near future to even things up between us.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

2 comments:

BobWalkthePlank said...

I always liked the Sweet Spot Memorabilia cards.

Eric Bracke said...

Any card with a Padres player wearing yellow is worth owning. Cool pick-up.