30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

One man's banner is another man's cardboard.

I recently placed an order over at Just Commons and needed to add a few extra cards to my cart, in order to get free shipping and handling.  So I looked over my Top 10 Want List and went on a cardboard hunt.  And when it was all over, a pair of Dodgers were sitting in my cart:

1981 Topps Traded #850

I have wanted this card since Fernando-mania was at its peak in the 80's and finally three decades later, I can finally crossed it off my list.  

2010 Topps Chicle #235

Outside of my 1956 Topps single, this is probably my favorite Jackie Robinson card in my collection.  This is sports card artwork at its finest.  By the way... if anyone has one for trade, I'm still looking to add the oversized cabinet version to my office walls.

I'm sure you're probably thinking... I've seen these cards somewhere else.

Okay... you've caught me.



Thanks to Night Owl... his banner has been a constant reminder these past 19 months that I needed to pick up these two cards.  Okay Greg, now that I've finally added these two beauties to my collection, you can go ahead and create a new banner.

I apologize... sometimes I'm a little egocentric.  But just remember buddy...


 Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Happy
Wednesday and sayonara!

9 comments:

Spiegel83 said...

Night Owl the advertising genius.

Commishbob said...

The Fernando card is a classic. I love it for no other reason than if you asked my father-in-law to name every baseball player he's ever heard of he'd say 'Fernando Valenzuela, and....and....and... uh Babe Root?

Greg Zakwin said...

That's a sweeet Jackie.

Ana Lu said...

You have made me realize that I don't have a true want list..But I don't have enough cards to have a consistent one yet.

Fuji said...

Topps should pay him royalties.

Fuji said...

Lol... nice.

Fuji said...

Thanks

Fuji said...

The number of cards on an individual's want list is up to the individual. Some people only have one card on their want list. Others have thousands. There are a bunch of cards I want... but I do have a Top 10 that I'm actively trying to pursue. One of these days, I'll get around to publishing it.

The Lost Collector said...

I'm appreciating Chicle a lot more these days.