30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, June 30, 2013

One Helluva Game

As avid sports fans, we've all attended games that we'll remember for the rest of our lives.  

C'mon... you know what I'm talking about.  The ones you find yourself reminiscing about with your buddies twenty years later.  The ones you tell your grandkids about.  The ones you talk about with other sports fans as you remind them that "you were there".


Last night's game between the San Jose Earthquakes and the Los Angeles Galaxy was one of those games.

Simply put... it was awesome.

Panoramic View (from my seat)

Great company.  Delicious food.  Amazing half time show.  Best seats in the house.  And one helluva game.

Game Program

Known as the California Clasico, the rivalry between these two teams is pretty heated and has been around since 1996.  The Galaxy took a 2 to 0 lead in the 65th minute, but the Earthquakes quickly responded a few minutes later to get them (and the sellout crowd of 50,028 fans) back into the game.

Then in the 77th minute, Victor Bernardez received his 2nd yellow card, which left the Earthquakes shorthanded (sorry... I'm used to watching hockey games) for the rest of the game.  From that point on... time seemed to fly by.

As the two teams entered stoppage time, the Galaxy clung onto their one goal lead.  And just when it looked like they were going to walk away with a win... this happened:


And then... less than 90 seconds later...


One Man Down + Two Goals In 90 Seconds = One For The Ages

And if that weren't enough... we were all treated to an amazing fireworks display after the game:


Thank you Secret Squirrel & Company for taking me to the game and giving me one of my favorite sports memories.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

4 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Glad you had a great time!

Ana Lu said...

I think that my Portuguese team channel will start airing the MLS games. Hope to get to know more teams than only the LA Galaxy team.

You had quite the view! I usualy watch games in a similar seat at my teams stadium. We call it 'the third ring' because it's the third floor and you get an awesome view.

The Lost Collector said...

Awesome! Looks like it was a blast.

Anonymous said...

I think I've been to two minor league soccer games in the last 15 years, but even I can appreciate the excitement of that one! Most awesome!

Man, I'd love to hang with Secret Squirrel. Was Morocco Mole there as well? :-D