30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Night Five: San Jose Sharks Autographed Pucks

The San Jose Sharks are playoff bound for the thirteenth time in fourteen seasons and tonight's game versus the Los Angeles Kings is huge. It will determine whether or not they're the seventh or eighth seed (assuming that the Phoenix Coyotes finish of the Minnesota Wild).

If you're a hockey fan, then you've probably heard about the Ryane Clowe incident on Thursday. And understandably, the Kings will have extra motivation to pay the Sharks & their fans back.

So tonight... I figured I'd show off my Sharks pride and support them on my blog, since I won't be at the game in person. I have a feeling they're going to need all the help they can get.

Here are five pucks I got autographed before yesterday's practice at Shark's Ice.

Logan Couture



Patrick Marleau



Douglas Murray



Antti Niemi



Joe Pavelski


According to a few Twitter reports, their plane arrived at around 2am... so I assumed they'd be tired and unwilling to sign. But to my surprise, almost everyone signed for the thirty-plus fans waiting around when they showed up for practice.

Thanks guys for taking time out of your schedule to give back to the fans... and good luck tonight. Win or lose, you're in the playoffs. Congratulations!

Extra Edition!

Oh... here are two more pucks... for good measure.

Martin Havlat


Havlat has been crucial to the Sharks the past few games... and has played well since returning from his "freak" injury.

Ryane Clowe


On the other hand, Clowe has struggled this season. Sure he's fifth on the team in scoring, but his numbers are the lowest since the 2007-08 season. But... the assistant captain has found other ways to help out his teammates:


No... I'm talking about his Gordie Howe hat trick and the beat downs he gave to Matt Greene & Kyle Clifford. But... while the hot topic is "The Extra Helper"... here's today's question:

As a fan, how would it make you feel if you knew one of your players blatantly cheated?

It definitely made me feel uneasy to watch the replay. And I'm not sure if I'd want my children following in the footsteps of Clowe. But it is... what it is... and the storyline only makes tonight's rematch and season finale that much more anticipated. Okay... time to get ready for the game. Go Sharks!

2 comments:

John Bateman said...

He made an awesome play. I see it as more funny/entertaining than cheating. I don't follow Hockey as much as I did in the past but I will remember this play. Same with about 2 years ago when Jeter put on a show about being hit when he really wasn't.

Fuji said...

Lol... I remember when Jeter did that. It'll be a play that sticks with hockey fans for years... and Clowe for the rest of his life.