30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, February 6, 2012

Domo Arigato: AJ @ The Lost Collector


In December AJ, author of the blog: The Lost Collector, showcased his 1/1 sketch card of Jesus Montero that he drew while watching a Giants-Redskins game. I complimented him on his skills and told him I wished I had the ability to draw like him.

He emailed me later that day and offered to create my very own sketch card of whoever I wanted... preferably baseball. I immediately started thinking who the subject would be... going back and forth between Tony Gwynn, Greg Maddux, and Kurt Suzuki.

I ended up picking Suzuki, because he's my current favorite player. AJ mentioned that there might be a delay in creating the card, because a new addition to his family was going to arrive in the upcoming days. Congratulations buddy... hope the little guy isn't keeping you up all night.

Fast forward to this past Saturday and this beauty was sitting in my mailbox:


Thank you so much AJ. You did an amazing job and I'm proud to add it to my Kurt Suzuki collection. I've put it into a screw down and it's now a part of my Oakland Athletics shelf in my office.

By the way... there's a package here sitting next to me with some Tino's for your collection. Hopefully you can use them... they're the only ones I could find. I'll get those shipped out tomorrow.

Thanks again & Sayonara!

3 comments:

Wes Moore the former JBF said...

Wow and Wow. To Mark-CONGRATS on that amazing piece. To AJ-wow bro that is just awesome. Well played sir

Fuji said...

jaybarkerfan - thanks wes... this thing is more beautiful in person. aj is the man!

The Lost Collector said...

Glad you liked it! It was a fun one to draw.

Wes- thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated!