30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Domo Arigato: Sam @ The Daily Dimwit


Earlier this month, I entered The Daily Dimwit's contest and as luck would have it... my name was on top of his randomization list. Which means that I got the pick of the litter from the ten cards he was giving away.

I was torn between a few cards (a Fausto Carmona autograph, Carl Crawford jersey card, and Felix Hernandez jersey card), but in the end I went with this:


It's a 2010 Topps Update "All-Star Stitches Gold" Alex Rodriguez event-worn piece from the 2010 MLB All-Star Game Festivities that's numbered 38/50.

I know some of you don't like "event-worn" pieces... and I normally would agree with you. But A-Rod has been one of the greatest hitters over the past 18 seasons and now I own a piece of his workout jersey. Throw in the fact that it's a prize from a contest... and the only thing left to say is thank you very much Senor Dimwit. It's much appreciated.

By the way, I encourage you to head over and check out his blog: The Daily Dimwit.

Right now running a group break of 2006 Artifacts baseball. There are currently eleven spots available at $30 per slot. You have the opportunity to pick the team you want. These are the teams that remain:

A's
Brewers
Rays
Dodgers/Dbacks/Pirates (you get all three teams)
Giants
Mariners
Nationals/Team USA (you get both teams)
Padres
Rockies
Tigers
White Sox

It's a 20 box case with four hits per case. In other words, 80 hits will be pulled out of this bust. Best of all... if you're team doesn't get a hit, he will personally pull a memorabilia card or autograph from his collection and add it to your base cards. That means, everyone wins. So head over there right now and check it out.

Today's question is...

After A-Rod retires, how many years will it take for him to be enshrined at Cooperstown?

It's been a long day... and I'm too tired to even begin to voice my opinion on ball players who have used PED's. So... I'll look forward to seeing what everyone else has to say on this topic.

Thanks again Sam... best of luck on the group break.

Have a great week everyone... and sayonara!

6 comments:

Hairylemon said...

Either 1st ballot or not at all.

Ryan G said...

I agree - first ballot or never. Although, I can see there being a point way off in the future where players involved in the scandals are eventually brought back in via Veterans Committee ballots. And if a player like McGwire, Juan Gonzalez, or Barry Bonds gets in, it'll set a precedent that'll make it easy for him when his turn comes up.

The Lost Collector said...

I'm going to go with five. The first year he'll be low to send a message, but I think eventually he'll gain a little more support year by year until he has enough.

Martyn said...

Never, just like Bonds!

Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to trade/sell this card? I collect this series, and this would get me extremely close to completing the set!! If interested, let me know... rcb79_79 at hotmail dot com

Fuji said...

Anonymous - I'm pretty sure I still have this card... but I need to double check. I'll email you in a little bit.