30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sayonara Salute #8: Harmon Killebrew


First Game: June 25, 1954 (as a member of the Washington Senators)
13x MLB All-Star
1968 AL MVP
1971 Lou Gehrig Memorial Award Winner
573 Home Runs (11th most all-time)
Final Game: September 26th, 1975 (as a member of the Kansas City Royals)
Inducted into Cooperstown in 1984

I was only in preschool when Harmon Killebrew played in the final game of his career... way too young to remember watching him play... if in fact I ever saw him play in person.

But by the time I started analyzing sports statistics and collecting cards in the early 80's... I knew his feats were legendary. The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name Killebrew is the same thing I think of when people bring up Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson, and Hank Aaron... HOME RUNS.


Rest In Peace Mr. Killebrew...

Your presence will be missed, but the memories you gave your fans will never be forgotten.

No comments: