30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, May 2, 2011

Blog Trade #13: The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame


Spastikmooss has been inquiring about this Duce Staley autograph that's been in my collection since 1999, when I pulled it:


We've gone back and forth for nearly a year. Last week, we finally were able to hammer out a trade.

Up first is my first and probably last Phil Nevin "memorabilia card" from 2001 Upper Deck Pros & Prospects.


This is a nice addition to my Padres PC, but I'll admit the thing that makes this card stand out is the striped swatch from his Team USA jersey. Phil had some pretty strong seasons with the Padres in the early 2000's and even made the all-star team once.

Spastikmooss also threw in this nice 2004 SPx SuperScripts Young Stars autograph of Rich Harden:


It's my fourth autograph of Mr. Harden and probably my last. Harden often got lost in the shuffle during the Zito, Mulder, and Hudson years. But he was always solid as an Athletic, until injuries caught up to him. This card is really nice and is my favorite Harden autograph in the collection.

But the key card to the trade was definitely this 2003 Finest Moments "Refractor Auto" of hall of fame pitcher Gaylord Perry.


It's my first Perry autograph and it's amazing. He's sporting those awesome brown and yellow jerseys from the late seventies, plus it's a refractor and features an on-card autograph. Honestly... he had me at this card.

But of course... Spastikmooss didn't stop there. He threw in a bunch of freebies:


That 1993 Hostess card of Rickey is amazing... and who doesn't like the dufex technology of this 1995 Pinnacle "Museum Collection" Ruben Sierra card. He also threw in a bunch of oddballs, like this Ichiro Suzuki sticker. Now, I'm debating on whereI should stick this bad boy.

Thanks Spastikmooss for the great trade. I'm hoping that we'll be able to pull of some more trades in the future... although you finally have picked up the once card you wanted off of me.

If you're not familiar with Spastikmooss, I encourage you to head over to his blog: The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame.

He has a few cool PC's that are unique and interesting. It's well worth the time to check it out. If you're anything like me, you'll bust up laughing at some of the players he collects.

Have a great day everyone... Sayonara!


5 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

Glad you liked them!

The Ichiro was from a team fan pack I got a while back - there was a brief period where I emailed teams trying to get them and the Mariners by far sent the best package (I still have a 6 card sheet of uncut cards including Ichiro, Griffey, and Death to All Flying Things among other dudes).

Fuji said...

spastikmooss - i appreciated the freebies... i'm probably going to stick the ichiro on my classroom wall. thanks again!

Logo Design said...

It is honor for us to have these guys out on the water sharing their passion for paddling.

glass dining table said...

it is one great and good looking website i like this sit and also i see the images which upload on up side of this sit like two chairs and table

Custom Logo Design said...

I think this is a decent enough list. And it makes sense too. I will be adopting this. And even report this!