30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, January 23, 2011

I scored a hat trick @ last night's Sharks game!

When it rains... sometimes... it pours! Last night was one of those times where everything went my way.


First... I bonded with my nephew at the Sharks game. Every year... I buy him a ticket to a Sharks game for Christmas. But last night's game was extra special... because he decided that Devin Setoguchi was his favorite player. Why is this special? Well... if you don't know then you must be new to my blog. Click here for the background details.


Second... The Sharks won their fourth game in a row! It's been a long season for the Sharks... but this win puts them back into the #8 spot in the Western Conference. There's still a ton of games to be played and I'm pretty confident that the Sharks will find their groove. They have way too much talent to not make the playoffs.


Third... The Gooch netted two goals... and came close to getting the hat trick a few times. It's the first time in 10 games that he's found the back of the net and he chose tonight... the night his #1 (& now #2) fan(s) attended to do his thing. I've been a little bummed about the whole trade rumors revolving around Setoguchi. Hopefully... this will remind the Sharks' management how valuable he is to the team.


Now... hopefully my good luck will last for just a few more hours. That's when the Packers will take on the Bears in the NFC Championship game. This game should be epic with so much history behind these two teams. I'm just praying that Aaron Rodgers & Co. have a few more quarters of magic left in them. So come on... grab your cheeseheads and let's get it started... Go Pack Go! Go Pack Go! Go Pack Go!


Today's question of the day...

What's the greatest sporting event you've ever attended?


Until yesterday... I probably would have said last year's game between Vanderbilt and Murray St. in the first round of the NCAA men's tournament, when Danero Thomas hit a fadeaway jumper at the buzzer. It was awesome... but definitely not as cool as watching my favorite hockey player net two goals and having my nephew tell me that The Gooch is now his favorite player too.

Happy Sunday everyone!

6 comments:

Charles @ Hoopography said...

I went to the second last game at Yankees Stadium. It was pretty cool. I played in the high school NY State championship quarter finals. That was pretty cool too.

Martyn said...

Never been to a Football, Baseball or Hockey game, but When I go to Fenway hopefully this year, i'm sure one of those games will be the best, until now it's the 1992 Division 2 play off finals, @ Wembley Blackburn Rovers 1 - Leicester City 0

Feather Chucker said...

Probably the last game of the 95 season, Chargers vs Steelers. Everyone had picked the Chargers to lose and not go far in the playoffs. The Chargers won that game and beat them in the AFC Championship to go to the Superbowl.

Fuji said...

charles - damn... can't top that. that yankees ticket must have cost a fortune.

martyn - that's one of my goals... to one day watch a game at fenway & wrigley

kev2380 - my buddy is a huge chargers fan... and he always brings up 1994 (well the SB was in January 95)

Anonymous said...

I went to the last old timer's day at Yankee Stadium with my dad. Flew in from Ohio to sit in the first row on the first base side - it was awesome (though cost a pretty penny).

Other than that, my first (of only 2) NBA games was Game 2 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals, where Tayshaun Prince had that incredible block of Reggie Miller, and that gave the Pistons home court advantage in that series, which they would win and then beat the Lakers for the NBA title. The block really was amazing in person - Prince seemed to come out of nowhere.

I also went to game 2 of the 1990 World Series, which the Reds won en route to a sweep. But I was pretty young and don't remember all that much.

Fuji said...

lifetimetopps - wow... those are some sweet games you've been too. i've never been to an nba conference finals game... or a world series game. the yankees old timers game sounds sweet too. who were some of the former yankees to take the field?